EC-Council Certified SOC Analyst v1
SOC Analyst Course Overview
The Certified SOC Analyst (CSA) program is the first step to joining a security operations center (SOC). It is engineered for current and aspiring Tier I and Tier II SOC analysts to achieve proficiency in performing entry-level and intermediate-level operations.
CSA is a training and credentialing program that helps the candidate acquire trending and in-demand technical skills through instruction by some of the most experienced trainers in the industry. The program focuses on creating new career opportunities through extensive, meticulous knowledge with enhanced level capabilities for dynamically contributing to a SOC team.
As the security landscape is expanding, a SOC team offers high-quality IT-security services to detect potential cyber threats/attacks actively and quickly respond to security incidents. Organizations need skilled SOC Analysts who can serve as the front-line defenders, warning other professionals of emerging and present cyber threats.
Why take CSA?
Our Certified Security Analyst Training Program will help you to master over trending and in-demand technical skills like
- Knowledge of SOC processes, procedures of these processes, technologies, and workflows.
- Basic understanding and detailed knowledge of security threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, attacker’s behaviors, cyber kill chain, etc.
Through this SOC Analyst Certification Training our expert trainers offer in-depth knowledge with enhanced level capabilities for dynamic contribution to a SOC team. CSA Training Course has been especially designed to help you learn :
- The basics of SOC operations,
- log management and correlation,
- SIEM deployment,
- advanced incident detection, and incident response
This SOC Analyst course will also help you to improve your knowledge regarding performance of enhanced threat detection using the predictive capabilities of Threat Intelligence.
The Purpose of the CSA Certification Course?
Recent years have witnessed the evolution of cyber risks, creating an unsafe environment for the players of various sectors.
To handle these sophisticated threats, enterprises need advanced cybersecurity solutions along with traditional methods of defense. Practicing good cybersecurity hygiene and implementing an appropriate line of defense and incorporating a security operations center (SOC) have become reasonable solutions. The team pursues twenty-four-hour and “follow-the-sun” coverage for performing security monitoring, security incident management, vulnerability management, security device management, and network flow monitoring.
A SOC Analyst continuously monitors and detects potential threats, triages the alerts, and appropriately escalates them. Without a SOC analyst, processes such as monitoring, detection, analysis, and triaging will lose their effectiveness, ultimately negatively affecting the organization.
The CSA program requires a candidate to have one year of work experience in the Network Admin/Security domain and should be able to provide proof of the same as validated through the application process unless the candidate attends official training.
Learning Objectives for CSA v1 Training Course
- Gain Knowledge of SOC processes, procedures, technologies, and workflows.
- Gain basic understanding and in-depth knowledge of security threats, attacks,
vulnerabilities, attacker’s behaviors, cyber kill chain, etc.
- Able to recognize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures to identify indicators of
compromise (IOCs) that can be utilized during active and future investigations.
- Able to monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across
multiple platforms (IDS/IPS, end-point protection, servers and workstations).
- Gain knowledge of Centralized Log Management (CLM) process.
- Able to perform Security events and log collection, monitoring, and analysis.
- Gain experience and extensive knowledge of Security Information and Event
- Gain knowledge on administering SIEM solutions (Splunk/AlienVault/OSSIM/ELK).
- Understand the architecture, implementation and fine tuning of SIEM solutions (Splunk/
- Gain hands-on experience on SIEM use case development process.
- Able to develop threat cases (correlation rules), create reports, etc.
- Learn use cases that are widely used across the SIEM deployment.
- Plan, organize, and perform threat monitoring and analysis in the enterprise.
- Able to monitor emerging threat patterns and perform security threat analysis.
- Gain hands-on experience in alert triaging process.
- Able to escalate incidents to appropriate teams for additional assistance.
- Able to use a Service Desk ticketing system.
- Able to prepare briefings and reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Gain knowledge of integrating threat intelligence into SIEM for enhanced incident
detection and response.
- Able to make use of varied, disparate, constantly changing threat information.
- Gain knowledge of Incident Response Process.
- Gain understating of SOC and IRT collaboration for better incident response.
CSA Certification Training Course consists of 6 modules and acts as a launchpad for developing a security professional. It is very much in demand at present in the industry. This course covers:
Module 1 – Security Operations and Management
- Understand the SOC Fundamentals
- Discuss the Components of SOC: People, Processes and Technology
- Understand the Implementation of SOC
Module 2 – Understanding Cyber Threats, IoCs, and Attack Methodology
- Describe the term Cyber Threats and Attacks
- Understand the Network Level Attacks
- Understand the Host Level Attacks
- Understand the Application Level Attacks
- Understand the Indicators of Compromise (IoCs)
- Discuss the Attacker’s Hacking Methodology
Module 3 – Incidents, Events, and Logging
- Understand the Fundamentals of Incidents, Events, and Logging
- Explain the Concepts of Local Logging
- Explain the Concepts of Centralized Logging
Module 4 – Incident Detection with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Understand the Basic Concepts of Security
- Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Discuss the Different SIEM Solutions
- Understand the SIEM Deployment
- Learn Different Use Case Examples for Application
- Level Incident Detection
- Learn Different Use Case Examples for Insider Incident Detection
- Learn Different Use Case Examples for Network Level Incident Detection
- Learn Different Use Case Examples for Host Level Incident Detection
- Learn Different Use Case Examples for Compliance
- Understand the Concept of Handling Alert Triaging and Analysis
Module 5 – Enhanced Incident Detection with Threat Intelligence
- Learn Fundamental Concepts on Threat Intelligence
- Learn Different Types of Threat Intelligence
- Understand How Threat Intelligence Strategy is Developed
- Learn Different Threat Intelligence Sources from which Intelligence can be Obtained
- Learn Different Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP)
- Understand the Need of Threat Intelligence-driven SOC
Module 6 – Incident Response
- Understand the Fundamental Concepts of Incident Response
- Learn Various Phases in Incident Response Process
- Learn How to Respond to Network Security Incidents
- Learn How to Respond to Application Security Incidents
- Learn How to Respond to Email Security Incidents
- Learn How to Respond to Insider Incidents
- Learn How to Respond to Malware Incidents
|Exam Codes||312-39 (ECC EXAM)|
|Number of Questions||100 questions per exam|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Length of Test||3 Hours / 180 Minutes|
|Testing Provider||ECC EXAM PORTAL|
EC-Council Certified Security Specialist v9
EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist v2
EC-Council Certified Security Analyst v10
EC-Council Disaster Recovery Professional v3
EC-Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer v3
EC-Council Certified Secure Computer User v2
EC-Council Certified Incident Handler v2
EC-Council Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst v1
EC-Council Certified Penetration Testing Professional v1
EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator v9
EC-Council Certified Network Defender v2
Certified Ethical Hacker v11
- Unit 15B Penthouse Atherton Place, Tomas Morato, Corner Don A. Roces Ave, Quezon City, 1103 Metro Manila
- +(632) 7905 8718